Friday, July 19, 2013

Progress and a Finish!



It is HOT, HOT, HOT out there! 102 last I looked. It was a great day to stay inside and quilt though! I managed to get this little 16 1/2 square beauty done:

I bought the fabric and pattern almost a year ago at a Quilt Retreat in Watkins Glen, NY. It was a really fun time and I started this project in September of last year, had all the pieces cut and there it sat. I finally got it all pieced, quilted and bound! 


I decided instead of topstitching all the pieces I just sewed through them and created a 3-D effect. You can probably see it better here:


I really like it! And that's one UFO off the list. Speaking of lists, maybe I should make a list of ALL my UFO's?

I was also able to make a little progress on the Trip around the Jelly roll and completed two blocks. I am hoping to get more done tonight and tomorrow as the heat wave is supposed to continue on!


What do you think so far?





No comments:

Post a Comment